2 September 2012

Style Inspiration - 90s Grunge

Has anyone noticed that the 90s grunge trend has made a come back, when I'm in London and I look around at the young students it mostly consists of bright coloured hair, plaid shirts, high waisted denim cutoffs and footwear like Doc Marten boots or platform trainers. When I think of grunge, I instantly see Kurt Cobain in his white rimmed glasses, striped jumper and dirty converse and funnily enough thats still considered fashionable today.

I've been looking back at films and sitcoms from the 90s, and finding myself gushing over the coolest clothes. For example, theres Empire Records which starts Reese Witherspoon and Liv Tyler, its about a group of young teenagers who work in a record store together and I can't help but be jealous of Liv Tyler in her short plaid skirt and biker boots.



The film Kids has that sort of grunge skater look, and is also an amazing film.



Clueless is one of my favourite 90s films for fashion, of course I probably wouldn't wear a bright yellow plaid suit out and about. But you've got to admit the fashion is so fun to look at.










Theres Kurt in those white rimmed glasses...I wonder where I can get a pair?







On the subject of 90s grunge, I have to mention Johnny Depp and Kate Moss the coolest and best looking couple I've ever seen. I don't know how Johnny Depp can be so good looking, he pulls of grunge in such a cool and carefree way and of course Kate Moss was fresh faced and stunning. She wore quite simple clothes but made them look elegant.














Images via Tumblr